Our KS90 engine has always been one of our most popular engines. It's low operating temperature
and wonderful engineering has been marvelled for years. The KS160 engine takes all the qualities of
the KS90 range and enlarges the size. It is affectionately known as the diner plate engine
(the size is roughly the same as a diner plate). Its performance is as good, if not a slightly better than
the KS90 engine, it can run off lower temperature differences but operates are low RPMs.
Just like our other low temperature differential engines it can run from the heat of your hand,
run on a cup of coffee/tea, ice cubes or from many other heat sources.
"The KS160 is a scaled up version of our popular KS90 engines.
It is as good in every way and impressively large."
Glenn Turner, Director at Kontax Engineering Ltd
- Stainless steel screws (except for pillar screws)
- Micron precision Borosilicate glass cylinder and Graphite power piston
- Low-profile heat insulated chamber pillars;
- Giving flat bottom and good surface contact with heat source
- Both connecting rods are positively located using low friction PEEK and stainless steel screws
- All airtight seals are made with high strength precision screw threads and nitrile O rings
- Ultra low friction demagnetised and de-greased bearings, NO lubrication required
- Fully CNC machined, giving crisp, clean and tidy edges all over
- Engine parts ultrasonically cleaned before hand assembly
- Stainless steel connecting rods and ball-race bearings
- Micron precision Borosilicate glass cylinder
- Micron precision Graphite power piston
- Aluminium main pillar, hub and spokes
- Brass chamber pillars and flywheel rim
- Brass gland and cylinder holder
- Base plates - 167mm (6.57") , 2.5mm thick
- Displacer - 130mm diameter (5.11"), 7mm thick
- Flywheel - 140mm diameter (5.51"), 4mm thick
- Power piston - 18mm diameter (0.70")
- Overall height - 228mm (11.33")